Corn-Fed Meat Hogs & Pork For Sale
COVID-19 update: These 300 lb HOGS have been very popular right now as people try to fill their freezers with PORK. So the average order-till-pick-up time is about 5-6 weeks. Sorry for the delay. We are working as hard as we can to keep up! 🙂
Looking for bulk pork? Through a local farmer we’re pleased to offer corn-fed meat hogs. You can buy these from us as a whole hog or a half hog. These fine porkers have just the right body style to provide your family with thick, rich bacon, juicy sausage, savory chops, and much more!
Processing Options include:
- Sausage: your choice of mild, medium, hot, or extra sage
- Pork burger
- Pork-chops or tenderloin
- Sliced & Cured ham
- Shoulder roasts or shoulder steaks
- Sugar Cured bacon
- …and more
How much take home meat comes from our 300 lb live weight hog? Normally our hogs produce between 150-180 lbs. It can vary quite a bit depending on the cuts of meat you choose. The more boneless products you get, like pork tenderloin & sausage, the less your take home weight will be because you are leaving bones here. On the other hand the more bone-in cuts you choose, like pork-chops, pork hocks, and spare ribs — the more your take home weight will be because you are taking more of your hog home with you. 🙂
Our 300 lb corn-fed hog processing options: Our whole hog package price ($350), includes the hog, processing, packaging, making sausage, and curing of bacon & ham (if you want cured meat).
Packaging: We vacuum pack the steaks/ chops & roasts, but we put your sausage and/or pork burger in tubes.
How ordering one of our hogs works: Once you decide you want one of our meat-hogs, you can place the order over the phone or in person at our butcher-shop. When you place the order, we will go over a cut-sheet with you. (feel free to get acquainted with our cut sheet by clicking here). At the time of ordering we will get a $100 down payment for a whole hog. This can be done over the phone with a debit/ credit card. If it is your first time for having a hog processed and you are not sure what all you want done with it, don’t worry, we will be glad to walk you through the various options. After you have placed the order, given us the instructions for how you want your pig processed, and given your down payment, your work is done! You can relax and wait for us to call or text you and let you know it is done and ready for pick up. For your convenience you can just pay the balance when you come to pick up your processed hog.
Processing your way: We process our hogs to your custom specifications, but following is a list of some of the common cuts & packaging instructions.
- First, we discuss whether you want pork chops or tenderloin. These options are mutually exclusive since they come from the same part of the hog, so you have to choose one or the other, unless you are getting a whole hog, then you can opt for half pork-chops and half tenderloin. Normal thickness for pork chops or tenderloin is 1/2 inch, but if you prefer a different thickness, let us know and we will do our best to do it your way.
- Second, we discuss your ham options. We can sugar-cure the hams but keep in mind that we do not cure the ham while it is whole. We have to slice the ham in order cure it. The default thickness for our sliced ham is 3/8 inch, if you prefer a different thickness just let us know. That being said, if you want your ham whole we can keep it whole for you, but it will be a “green ham” in other words, it won’t be cured. You can also also have your ham “fresh sliced”, put into ham roasts, sausage, or pork burger. We have noticed a growing number of people REALLY like pork burger… so you might want to try that sometime.
- Third, we discuss the pork shoulder. Many people get these sliced as pork steaks/ sliced shoulder. These are hard to beat on the grill or skillet, and in my humble opinion, they will rival pork chops… if you cook them right. Another really good option for the shoulders is putting them into roasts. The shoulder roasts tend to be a bit more juicy and tender than ham roasts normally are. Sometimes people who are into smoking meats choose to have have their pork shoulders put into Boston Butts and Picnic Butts. Of course if you are looking to get more sausage or pork burger, you can throw your shoulder into sausage or burger.
- Fourth, we discuss the Bacon. By far the most popular choice is to have us slice & sugar cure the sides of bacon. For those wanting to avoid nitrates, we do offer a “natural sugar cure” (same price). This natural cure is made with celery juice powder instead of normal nitrates. If you prefer to leave your bacon fresh, we can simply slice it for you without curing it at all, or we can leave the middlins whole, and you can take your side of bacon home as fresh pork belly if you prefere.
- Fifth, we talk about your hog jowls, it has the same curing options as the standard bacon, namely: Sliced & cured, fresh sliced, left whole, or add it to your breakfast sausage.
- Sixth, we discuss the spare ribs. To some people this is the best part of the hog, and others are ready to have us put it into the sausage. The only issue is that since it is comprised of numerous bones, you really are better off taking them as spare ribs — at least that is my take on it 🙂 Most times we cut the spare ribs down to a convenient size of approximately 4″ by 6″ pieces. If you prefer half rack or whole rack we can do that for you instead.
- Seventh, we discuss organ meat & extra fat. If you want, we can keep the pork liver for you, whole or sliced. You can also tell us if you want us to keep the heart or the extra fat that may be in excess for what is needed for the breakfast sausage.
- Eighth, we talk about your sausage options: You can get your sausage, hot, medium, or mild. You can also control if you want extra sage, normal sage, or no sage. That gives you the control to have your pork sausage tasting just the way you like. We even go further, if you have a favorite sausage seasoning, simply bring it here when you order your hog and we will be glad to use YOUR FAVORITE seasonings on your sausage. Your pig done your way!
- Ninth, (we may not ask you) but if you want pork burger from your whole hog or half, just let us know. Be aware that you may have to sacrifice a ham or shoulder in order to get enough ground meat to do both sausage AND pork burger.
- Finally, you also have opportunity if you have any special request of something you want done with your hog, you can mention it and we will see if it would be feasible or not.
How long does it take? Normally it takes 3-4 weeks from when you order your meat hog till it is ready to be picked up. In the fall the wait time increases significantly because of high demand. During deer season we totally quit processing hogs to focus on deer processing, so we accumulate hog orders throughout that time and the result is that if you place your order around deer season time it could be several months till we can get your hog done.
Whole Roasting Pig / Hog for sale as Package Deal
Whole roasting pigs or roasting hogs for sale! Looking for a whole hog, scalded, scraped, and ready to put in the smoker or on the spit? We have locally grown corn fed hogs that you can order, and we will get them ready for you. Normally you can expect a 3 week wait from the time you order till time for pick up. These are available in a few different size brackets. Note that the figures are for live weight and may not be exact.
To order, simply give us a call and let us know you need one of our fine roasting pigs. Please specify that you want it scalded and scraped because we also have another hog deal that gets the hog skinned and processed. We want to make sure we do it the way you want it.We need a $100 down payment when you place the order, and the rest will be due when you pick your porker up. 🙂
Whole Roasting Pig Prices:
- 50 lb live weight roasting-pig, scalded & scraped – $215.00
- 100 lb live weight roasting-pig, scalded & scraped – $260.00
- 150 lb live weight roasting-pig, scalded & scraped – $285.00
- 200 lb live weight roasting-pig, scalded & scraped – $310.00
- 300 lb live weight roasting-pig, scalded & scraped – $375.00