Right now we have a Special deal on Grass-fed Angus Beef.
It is a cow in great shape, but since is not quite as young as our best grass fed-beef, (steaks may not be quite as tender) we are going to knock off $0.19 per lb & let it go for $2.06 per lb live weight. Price includes beef & basic processing.
It might not be available very long, so call & place your order today. 606 787 7070 (mention it is the special price Angus grass-fed)
Buy our Grass-Fed Angus Beef – Whole or Half Beef
- Black Angus
- Grass fed
- Non GMO, steroid free, hormone free
- Finished right here on our farm
- You can buy as whole beef or half beef
- Currently booking around 3-6 months ahead (subject to availability)
Quick facts to know before you order our grass-fed Angus
- Down payment required at time of order: $250 for a half-a-beef, $500 for a whole beef
- 3-6 month wait time (grass fed beef grow slowly & sell fast)
- Final price will be $2.25 per lb. live weight (Half-a-1200 lb. Beef will be approximately $1350.00, whole beef approx.. $2700.00)
- Estimated take home weight is usually around 35% of live weight. So half of a 1200 lb beef would be around 210 lbs. (More bone-in cuts = more take home weight)
- pick up only – we do not ship at this point
When you buy one of our whole or 1/2 grass-fed beef, you can stop worrying about where your meat comes from and how it was treated.
How They are Fed
We finish our Angus beef right here on the Showalter Family Farm. We do not use synthetic fertilizer on our pastures, instead we enrich the soil with our own homemade compost. As you know, compost-fertilized-pastures produce luscious healthy grass. That is the grass our Angus beef forage on till their heart’s content. It is this same grass that we bale as hay to feed our cows through the winter months.
During the summer, our Angus beef with free access to all the grass they want to eat on our fields. With rotational grazing, they are regularly moved to fresh parts of the pasture. During the winter we keep them out of the weather in our barn and feed them hay from our fields. We harvest our grass-fed beef right from the field or barn so there is no stress they encounter by being hauled to a processing facility.
Healthy & Lean
Our grass fed beef will tend to be more lean than some of the marbled meat you see in grain fed animals. So if healthy and lean is what you are after, then our grass fed beef is just the thing.
How much take home meat?
In July 2018 we did one of our grass fed beef and I recorded its live weight, rail weight, and how much take home meat it turned out. This particular beef was as follows:
- Live weight: 1009 lbs.
- Rail weight (hanging weight): 516 lbs.
- Total take home meat: 356.6 lbs. (burger was 259 lbs. & steaks & roast were the other 97.6 lbs.) note that this will vary depending on what types of steaks and roasts you requests
- Take home bone weight: 96.1 lbs. (this customer wanted it for bone broth)
How to order:
Ordering one of our beef is not complicated, all you have to do is:
- Give us a call @ 606 787 7070, or…
- Drop in and see us at our butcher-shop right here on the farm.
- …then… Patiently wait for your beef to get to harvest weight (we have a hard time growing these fine beef fast enough) Good things come to those who wait. 🙂
We will go over a cut sheet with you and talk about the various options for each part of your beef. See illustration above to view a breakdown of our standard cuts.
We will walk you through your different roast options such as if you want arm roasts, rump roasts, chuck roasts, or sirloin tip roasts. You can also opt for whole brisket, brisket cut in half, or brisket ground into burger. Then we can talk about whether you want short ribs or whether you would rather have us put those into your burger.
Next we talk about steaks; would you like rib-eye steaks, Sirloin steaks, & T-bone Steaks? If you prefer boneless, the T-bone can be done as New York strips & Filet mignon. More steak options are available such as cube steaks (same as minute steaks), round steaks, flank steaks, and skirt steaks.
Remember that whatever you do not want in steaks or roasts will go into augmenting your burger amount. We normally package your burger in 1 lb. bags (actual weight is closer to 1.4 lbs.). You can also request to keep the heart, liver, or tongue if that is something you would like.
Or click here to see an EXAMPLE BEEF CUT SHEET already filled out.
Packaging: We vacuum pack and label the roasts and steaks, but the burger is simply put in burger tubes.
Keep in mind that our grass fed beef are subject to availability, since we grow them naturally, with out hormones and antibiotics, they are not always going to be the perfect size yet, so we may have to put you on the list till yours becomes available. Also keep in mind that when ordering a half-a-beef, we will wait to harvest it until both halves are sold. Whether you’re looking for an entire cow or just a half, we’re here to do our best to give you exactly what you’re looking for!
Update to Angus grass-fed beef deal Pricing: $2.25 per lb live weight (includes processing costs)
It is hard to get a beef to EXACTLY 1,200 pounds and stay there till it is sold, so we have updated our pricing system. The price is still the same for an 1200 lb beef, but if your beef is a bit under or a bit over weight the price will go down or up accordingly at the same ratio as the 1200 pound-er. The formula used to figure your final grass fed Angus price is $2.25 per lb live weight. So if your beef weighs 1250 lbs live weight your total cost will be 1250 X $2.25 = $2812.5. Your actual cost will be based on the actual live weight of your beef when it is harvested.